An embarrassing underwear incident?
A lesson on a runaway bike?
Grandma’s wig at the fire department?
These and lots of other adventures await ten-year-old Sofie, whose life is pretty ordinary until she finds out that in two weeks her family has to move in with her grandma – not her favorite grandma – her other grandma.
While Sofie tries to adjust to her new life in Wisconsin, she gets into many sticky situations with her wacky grandma and learns the tough truth about her family. And as if THAT wasn’t enough, she’s got to impress the cute neighbor!
Will she stay out of trouble long enough to figure out the mysterious reasons for the sudden move?
Will she have fun along the way?
- “I am 10 years old and I love this book. It’s hilarious!”
- “This book is a great, quick read. It’s a lot like THE WIMPY KID books…” – kid’s review on Amazon, UK
- “EVERY school library should have this book!” – middle school teacher
- “Suerth manages to mix several mature and entertaining elements into the plot with good results. Sofia’s feelings regarding change serve as the undercurrent of all her mishaps and encounters. The book ends on a high note, showing that Sofia (and perhaps the reader as well) can adapt, change, and grow. This theme is always very powerful to me, as adapting, changing, and growing is absolutely crucial to our well being…Time is a valuable commodity and the world is full of choices. THE WIG is a worthwhile way to spend this time.” – VINE VOICE, TOP 500 REVIEWER
- “An absolutely delightful and charming book written for young readers but can be enjoyed by anyone. I instantly fell in love with Sofie…” – blogger, Laurie’s Thoughts and Reviews
The above reviews can be found in their entirety at Kirkus Reviews, Goodreads, and various Amazon sites.